Stuff that I’ve been reading that’s not crap.
- Adaptive Images proposal for CSS 4 by Edward O’Connor of Apple. It’s for background images but syntax could also be used on <img> in HTML
- A new W3C Community and Business Groups for Resonsive Images aims to spec the <picture> element to take to the WHATWG for adding to HTML5
- Choosing device sizes to support for your responsive designs by Matt Wilcox
- Gridpak – a responsive grid generator, as open-sourced live on stage at standards.next
- What is HTML5 – surprisingly good, 90 second explanatory video for not-so-geeky. Sadly, it loses 98 Brucie points for starting with the word “So”, which is about as sensible as beginning a talk “Notwithstanding” or “Nevertheless”.
- Encrypted Media proposal in which reps from Google, Netflix and Microsoft propose a form of DRM for HTML5
- Why we’re switching from Flash to Silverlight by Lovefilm
- YouTube: 60 hours of video are uploaded every minute
- The State Of HTML5 Video, a useful overview of where we are across browsers and devices
- Ongoing Misunderstanding of Flash and HTML5 by Adrian Roselli
Boilerplate and kits
- HTML Email Boilerplate if you really, really, really must send HTML emails
- Trovster’s WordPress starter kit