- Interview with Ian Hickson by Yours Truly
- Flexbox — fast track to layout nirvana? beginner’s Flexbox tutorial updated
- CSS Techniques for Retina Displays
- why you should not suggest a HTTP content negotiation as a solution to a problem
- Bandwidth Media Queries? We Don’t Need ’Em!
- Get started with WebRTC – a nice step by step introduction.
- Play safely in sandboxed IFrames
- Don’t do this in responsive web development: “maximum-scale=1.0″
- Anorak’s corner: First suggestion of CSS Media Queries:
"DISPLAY_HEIGHT > 30cm ? stylesheet : alternative stylesheetby Opera CTO Håkon W Lie, 10 Oct 1994
- Resetting All Properties: the ‘all’ property – New in CSS: ‘all: default’ on an element blocks all inheritance & resets all properties, as if no author rules are specified
- Layout tables and repair techniques by the newly re-animated Gez Lemon. Good to have him back
- When Infinite Scroll Doesn’t Work
- Game-icons.net – Hundreds of free icons to customize and include in your games
- Beautiful Web Type – a showcase of the best typefaces from the Google web fonts directory
- Nokia’s smartphone sales almost return to where they were two years ago while featurephones are still 4 of every 5 Nokia phone sold
- Conferences aren’t the problem – Frances Berriman on the fact that lack of diversity of conference speakers reflects that in our industry. She’s right, of course; if our industry were really diverse, our sites would be accessible. Link includes bonus comment from holocaust-denier who dislikes diversity.
- Reformists elected to the W3C Technical Architecture Group (TAG) – apparently the first reform will be all meetings in fancy dress, and any disagreements to be decided by pogo stick race
- Jay Fanelli on online etiquette – “You may think you’re standing outside the building, harmlessly yelling at the front door, but you’re really standing next to someone’s desk embarrassing them in front of their colleagues.”
- Fun with MaKey MaKey’s for kids of all ages [sic] – Linda Sandvik automatically photos her cats when their tongues dip into the cat milk.
- Lavatory self-portraits -bored on a longhaul flight? Lock yourself in the loo and dress up as renaissance Dutch painting.
- Four robots playing “Ace of Spades”