NEWT, HTML5 etc
- Mobile Accessibility Survey – If you use assistive technology on your mobile device (or know someone who does) please take 5 mins to do this survey
- Calling for a massive revamp of Paged Media and GCPM
- How to fix the rel=”category tag” in WordPress to allow W3C validation – as used on this very site!
- Understanding the CSS Clip Property
- The main element – by Ian Devlin
- WebKit updated to use latest spec for gradients, and removes prefixes. Now, just have to wait for it to appear in browsers.
- WAI-ARIA Live Regions Updated by Gez Lemon
- What No One Told You About Z-Index
- Windows Phone 8 and Device-Width – seems like browser-sniffing is the only way
- Using the HTML title attribute by Steve Faulkner
- Shadow DOM 101 – while it’s a bit early to call Web Components “a set of cutting edge standards” (it’s more accurately “something Google is adding into WebKit”), this is a useful introduction to concepts behind the Shadow DOM and HTML Templates.
- Stop! It might be the medics who end up fixing my website problems… – Will doctors restore my eyesight before web devs make web sites accessible? asks blind blogger
- Indented button with increased hit area.
- Browser anti-phishing protection comparison (PDF) – Opera was best browser for blocking phishing sites: 94% blocked. (IE 82%; Chrome 72%; Saf 66%, FF 55%)
- Every plugin except Flash is trending downwards (no stats on Acrobat PDF reader)
- Emmet — the essential toolkit for web-developers: type CSS-like expressions that can be dynamically parsed, and produce output depending on what you type in the abbreviation. (previously known as Zen Coding)
- 10 questions to see if your council gets digital (or any other corporate)
- The Criminal Charges Against Aaron Swartz – top computer crime lawyer on whether case was legally justified & properly prosecuted
- The Git Parable
- The Walmartization of smartphones has begun
- Why companies fail – the rise and fall of HMV – HMV’s marketing man in August 2012 about how they failed to understand the threat of the Web
- Google: No, we did not kill a donkey in Botswana – good to know
- Compressorhead: Blitzkrieg Bop – Four robots play The Ramones’ classic
- Japanese Woodblock Print Search by John Resig
- How NASA might build its very first warp drive
- Nerve-Racking Self-Portraits of a Girl on the Edge
- If Dr. Seuss Books Were Titled According to Their Subtexts