If you fancy coming to Future Insights Live in Las Vegas 29 April – 2 May 2013, use the discount code “Bruce” to get 10% off the ticket price.
- <img defer> <img async> <img lazy> Feature to make <img /> elements not load their images until needed – also see Resource Priorities
- Explaining DOM Futures – it’s the hot new API paradigm that all the cool guys are talking about!
- It’s not a web app. It’s an app you install from the web.
- Netflix to implement #html5 DRM video player on Chrome OS, Windows and Mac – (what about Linux?
- Animating flexboxes: the lowdown by Chris Mills
- Hand.js: a polyfill for supporting pointer events on every browser
- Hover is dead, long live hover
- Google Glass APIs released: no unemcumbered media formats
- jQuery 2.0 Released – “leaves behind the older Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8 browsers”. I wonder if this, and Windows XP in its last year of Microsoft support, will give devs/ biz “permission” to stop supporting older browsers?
- Meet the Web’s Operating System: HTTP
- Béton.css framework: 700K, “ensuring only wealthy users with 4G or broadband Internet access your content”
- A proposal for un-prefixing in Blink by Eric Seidel
- refactoring CSS Transitions, Animations, SVG animations with partial implementation of new Web Animations API
- Checkboxes that kill your product – excellent post by Mozilla’s Alex Limi
- Adobe to contribute to Blink, WebKit and Gecko
- Why This Simple Government Website Was Named the Best Design of the Year – article about gov.uk, with some roflable comments
- Developing for Google Glass
- Rockmelt Will Shut Down Social Browser – interesting that “social” is like crack to VCs, yet Rockmelt & Flock failed
- I Stand With Trolls – “I’m calling out our culture of blaming the employer for the mouthiness of their employees in a personal capacity … We’ll end up with a Twitter full of teen-agers talking about their bowel movements and a million carefully curated corporate accounts.
- Bored Commuter’s Newspaper Photobombs
- Examples of singular “their” etc. from the OED and elsewhere that so upset grammar fascists (and also from Jane Austen
- Wear a Lifelike Baby Mask And Scare The Crap Out of Everyone You Know – anyone kind enough to send me one?