Last Updated on
- Gab is forking Brave, and Brave is forking furious – the Twitter clone for right-wing “free speech” zealots “is creating its own web browser using Brave’s open-source code, scrapping the BAT token, & replacing it with Bitcoin Lightning Network integration.”
- Details / Summary Are Not [insert control here] – wise Uncle Adrian on GitHub’s mis-use of
<details>to be a modal dialog
- Digging Into The Display Property: Box Generation – Auntie Rachel on
- WPCampus’ Gutenberg Accessibility Audit Finds “Significant and Pervasive Accessibility Problems” – “The audit found that Gutenberg fails to comply with all 30 of the WCAG 2.1 Success Criteria … Gutenberg has significant and pervasive accessibility problems, the likes of which amount to a step backwards for users with disabilities over the legacy editor.”
- A guide to understanding CSS Houdini with the help of cartoons
- AMP news roundup: AMP as a service, signed exchanges, Bento, CSS tree shaking – in case you’re an AMP-tramp
- Guardian breaks even helped by success of supporter strategy – “Record online traffic and financial contributions from readers play key part in putting GNM on sustainable path” – Encouraging news for those of us who worry about the future of journalism.
- A Conspiracy To Kill IE6 – “the story of how, ten years ago, a small team of web developers conspired to kill IE6 from inside YouTube and got away with it.”
- Inside the Team at Facebook That Dealt with the Christchurch Shooting – “the Christchurch shooting may demonstrate that, as long as social media exists, some amount of horror is bound to slip through the cracks”. Fascinating, balanced article.