- New E-Commerce Checkout Research – Why 68% of Users Abandon Their Cart – 2/3 of shopping carts are abandoned. The main reasons: deceptive practices (not showing total cost upfront / adding high “taxes” or delivery charges), stupidly requiring customer to set up an account) and bad UX (too complex to do).
- How to make your HTML responsive by adding a single line of CSS – aha! So *that’s* what minmax does!
- Web Components and the AOM by Léonie Watson – 23 minutes of Watters banging on at JSConf.Asia 2019
- We’re told that too much screen time hurts our kids. Where’s the evidence? – “The authors of a landmark study argue that social media use has only minor effects on wellbeing. But an entire industry says otherwise”
- Initial thoughts on standardizing form controls by Greg Whitworth from Microsoft Edge team
- The Web Can’t Survive a Monoculture – “Web developers are right to fear a monoculture, but they don’t seem to appreciate their agency in the solution. They have the power to protect the platform if only they take the call.”
- Microsoft to explore using Rust – “70% of all Microsoft’s yearly patches were fixes for memory safety bugs”
- Kazakh government does Man In the Middle attack against all HTTPS traffic
- Gujarat Village Passes Resolution, Bans Girls From Using Mobile Phones – actually, unmarried women
Want my reading lists sent straight to your inbox? Sign up and Mr Mailchimp will send it your way!